Thursday, November 01, 2007

Let me be totally honest with you...



Nobody trusts anybody anymore, trust me.

We have camera's at numerous public places, babysitter cam's stuffed into teddy bears. We have prenup's, contracts, the TV show Cheaters, private eyes shooting photo's, clothing and other things worth stealing have a large plastic button or a metal bar codes that go crazy if you walk out the door. It's so bad we had to invent a machine that detects lies. A few generations ago it was the promise sealed with a simple handshake. I mean even deposits for room damages to rental cars all go back to the factor that there is no trust in the world.

Even as a kid you must make binding contacts on the playground. Thus cross my heart hope to die stick needle in my eye, and my favorite promise and one of the strongest the pinkie swear.

So often we have to make promises and sign our name or show proof or a credit card. Jesus tells us something that would really help us.

Don't swear by anything. (Pinkie or Prenup)...Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no.

We need to live that way. I bet if you and I were honest with people and just used Yes and No, there would be no need, for us to promise the moon or swear with a pinkie. People would actually believe the words that come out of our mouths.

Do you have a problem with honesty? No, that's a lie, I swear.










No comments: