Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leadership Retreat Mind Dump

I really love listening to leaders that are passionate, I got to sit with about 25 other NE GA ministers last week and here Cam HuxFord share with us. I love confrences and training because they alwasy spark new ideas, but the the down side is I forget them. I'm trying now to look back a week later and see what I'm still chewing on from the training or sharing time. Here is what stuck with me till now.
  • Good chess players think multiple moves ahead. Cam said 8 steps ahead. Good churches and ministers should do the same. What are you next steps in your ministry?
  • Visit churches double your size or the size you would like to be, then twice as large then, 5 times as large. See what they are doing, ask questions, watch learn. Take elders with you and women with you.
  • Sometime you must re-invent yourself. Illustratoin: Tiger Woods has tweaked his swing every couple years to stay on top. Is your church? Are you?
Good questions and thoughts that I'm thinking through at the moment.

No comments: